susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday 8 Sept

J up and extremely busy this morning. I felt and looked like death barely warmed, still knackered from yesterday. J looked a bit surprised when I said I didnt want to spend the next 30 hours bashing to windward on the wheel heading for Maine. Can't imagine why. So we spent the day peacefully at anchor, me asleep most of the time. By the evening, I felt heaps better - good enough to cook J his supper ...

When J suggested we make an interim stop at a place called Daniel's Head, a mere 25 miles further down the coast, he was again surprised when I said that sounded like the best news I'd had for ages - he regarded it as wasting a day - it would only be 3 pm when we get there - when we could go on for another 9 hours at least. Nope, Daniel's Head it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home