susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Monday, February 18, 2008

Strictly Come Dancing

I love dancing, especially ballroom dancing.

I'd seen an ad on our village 'notice board' - a length of fence in the high street. Off I went to a school in the next village - a class for beginners. I haven't done any for years, so this will be just right, even though I'm a few weeks late. There are plenty of other people there that evening - I join in, introduce myself, pay my fiver, and I'm in luck! There's a new man that evening - J - who hasn't done much, and makes me look good! Pretty soon, we're trotting round the room, getting hotter and hotter - I wish I'd worn less than a thin jumper and soft woolly skirt. Next time, loose summer clothes, I think!

It's a great evening - waltz, foxtrot and cha-cha-cha with variations. I'm away next Wednesday, but they have another class in my village on Tuesdays - tomorrow night!

It'll be the tea dances in Cambridge next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home