susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Running INTO the sea



Just thought I'd post this picture of me having a dip in the flooded volcano that is Deception Island, off Antarctic Peninsula. Note the snow on the (still active) mountain slopes - melted from the extreme heat. Note too it's only the girlies who are in their cozzies - the fully dressed people are the men! I'm the one in the black and white swimsuit - and does my bum look big in this!

I think I'm practising for the sea off NFL. It was something like a freezing plunge pool, after scalding in our 'sauna' - a hot pit dug into the black volcanic sand on the shores. That sand gets everywhere you can think of - and then much further!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home