susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sun 10 Sept

Forecast for high winds mean we are staying here for several days. I walked six -SIX - miles to see the lighthouse on the tip of Cape Sable, even though I couldnt actually get to it, as it's on an offshore bit of very low land. Strange to see the sea we sailed through over 3 months ago in a gale - today it was quite calm, despite the forecast.

With the dodgy knee moaning and various tendons coming out in sympathy, I thumbed a lift back to the boat with a very kind man called Ken. I pay for these trips with the tale of the summer, which suits both sides.

J did hamburgers for supper. I said how nice it was to be cooked for. J leered - so he should, having been cooked for all summer!

I finished the last of the dinner party bottles of wine. Shame,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home