susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Friday, October 05, 2007

Thank you letter - the Soho pub crawl - what happened next ....

.... You missed the best bit though - watching this fuddled ole gel accosting random peeps throughout the tube - I nearly made the train fare in spare coppers, till the non-metallic variety moved me on - and all I was doing - I think - was trying to get to Kings Cross. 'Kingsbleedingcross, dear? Oh, you need the blah blah blah .. then take the blah blah blah ...' God! I was nearly sober by the time I got there! Someone did gimme a kick on the train, but I have a vague idea it was because I might have dribbled down his shoulder as I slept...

Anyway, wibble wibble wobble all the way home, a mile every 10 minutes on the bike. Winner of the slow bicycle race!!

Happy (hick) weekend, R*****s dear!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:19 pm , Blogger lozzer said...

    Just hope it was only the bike that was wobbling. Otherwise the image is quite something else!

     
  • At 11:08 pm , Blogger Raybelles said...

    Thank the Lord in Heaven above us and Jesus Christ combined (did you know your daughter was so utterly religious mother?) that this is all a lie, sorry, a story. Phew. Phew. And phew again.

    Dear readers, imagine for a moment, if you will, reading this as the daughter of this woman. Yes, you too would shrivel in your shoes, or any other similarly bizarre expression, upon reading that your MOTHER got kicked for being such a drunken, slobbering, touristy fool.

    Well, my cringing embarrassment has floated away since our recent phone call in which my mother admitted it 'made a good story' but was only true up to the point where she was drunk (fine by me) and slept on the train (ditto).

    Once again.

    Thank the LORD. And Jesus Christ. If they are not the same person. And if they are, thank The Lord Jesus Christ.

    (Whoops. Slip ups in my religiousity are already starting to show.)

    Ray XXX

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home