susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Monday, May 19, 2008

Running away again

Today I booked my ticket to Canada. 31st July, and yes, return ticket - 16th September.

Jack emailed the other day saying 'Help!' He needs a crew for his summer sail ... could I resist his sad plea?

Err, no.

I forgot to say what the plan is - I'm flying to Halifax and catching up with J at the north end of Nova Scotia, then off to Prince Edward Island and Isle de la Madeleine in the St Lawrence seaway and back to NS - so not quite the same as last time. I don't want to start in the States because of the visa/alien/leaving/re-entering US waters complications .. bless one-size-fits-all bureaucracy.

J really wanted me to come along earlier, but the big difference between 2 years ago and now - then, I had nothing much else going on. Thing is, that trip changed my life - I came back as me, and that hasn't changed. So, now I have a busy private life, and I'm extremely reluctant to do more than put that on temporary hold.

Oh, and I have a couple of trips later this year, too - China (to visit my eldest daughter, who's moved from Chile to Shanghai with husband and baby girl), and in November, South Africa - a tour along the Wine Route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home