susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gang aft agley

Sat 8 July

Beautiful sunshine all day. The engine is virtually impossible to start - and needs a fix of Quickstart and even then ... blue smoke pouring from the exhaust. I told J I wasn't happy leaving like this. He agreed and rang Carl again. They drained the fuel tanks and found some gunge and water.

While they were doing this, I went for a bubble watch trip on a hard dive boat next door - shame I hadn't got my logbook, but sat on the flybridge and nattered with Bill the Boatman while the divers went to 2 wrecks, The Saganaga (Canadian) and the Lord Strathcona (UK), sunk by a German U-boot during the 2nd World War.

It looks as if a new engine is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home