susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Monday 31 July more

J bought me a necklace at the gift shop in Red Bay. (BTW - do go there - it's a tiny community, but they have over 10000 visitors a year, and so well worth it for the historical doings - trying to get World Heritage status - or similar - and it's so pretty, with wilderness hills as a backdrop, and a road leading away, which just beckons ...).

Anyway, back to the necklace - I chose a thong with an Inukshuk as pendant. This is a person-shaped pile of stones, with one arm longer than the other, to point the way. And now symbolic of unity. I also got a whale tail with a piece of labradorite in it.

So now I'm wearing: J's turk's head bracelet, my plaited bracelet, diamond earrings, and three necklaces. Of all of them, I love J's bracelet the most - made for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home