susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Fascinator, or down and out in London ...



Wow! Guess what I've just done! I'm dead impressed - I sent this photo from my phone directly to my blog!! It's a bit blurry, but good, eh? (I've now edited it and lightened it in Picasa - ees betterrr...)

Last night I went to a parteee - drinkies with chums, ackshully - in London town - Soho, Shaftesbury Ave, place called Sugarreef. And I had way way too much to drink, and misbehaved like mad and I was wearing this dotty hat I'd bought earlier from a jokey fancyish dress gothicky shop in Berwick Street, of market fame. I pretended not to notice people in the street staring at this wobbly ole gal with a series of pink chickens and sequins on her head.. Fevvers? Wot fevvers?

Then it occurred to me that I hadn't really eaten since eggs benedict in a cafe for breakfast a long long time before, and maybe I should have something to soak up the alkyhol - little realising it was a bit late for that and eating should come before drinking ... so I swung into a little late night Italian snack place, slurred 'pann-ee-nee' and gobbled it up in no time. I was rather hungry, wasn't I? As I got up to go, I saw a young chap approaching, and decided he was a waiter, thrust money at him, at which he was caught - horrified at what this importuning woman might want with him, outraged at being thought to work there - so I said he could have earned his food, then paid the chap on the other side of the counter. Ha!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home