susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Susy's Chinese boyfriend


Long ago and far away in Beijing, you might remember my close encounter with a Chinese man eager to improve his English and wanting my help with his pronunciation. Flourishing a giant dictionary which he produced like a rabbit from a capacious bag, I was rather persistently nagged to read pages of bizarre words, all beginning with the unlikely letter 'X'. Our brief encounter was kindly photographed by one of my new best friends, and I'm astonished it's in focus, given the knicker-wetting screeches of laughter seeming to come from a nearby pillar.

Notice my admirable composure - obviously we hadn't quite arrived at the word at which I broke down and couldn't stop tears pouring down my face. 'Xenophobia' ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home