susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Monday, July 03, 2006

Boat Food (2)

I do all the food shoppiing and on board we now have:

soy sauce, ginger, garlic, balsamic vinegar, coconut milk, olive oil, honey, honey mustard, croutons, spring onions, broccoli, salad, fresh keeping vegetables

along with a dedicated locker for:

muffins, cookies, buttercoated peanuts, pretzels and fudge.

The cooker is a 3-burner and oven, although J doesn't know how the oven works, and we use it to store bread. He's an easy man to feed - thanks, Mom.

What we have for supper is always a surprise for both of us. My family will be amazed how creative I've been. Yesterday, after reaching port in the gale, we had Boat Soup made from anything I had had around and needed using up. I'd made it in St John 's the deay before, boxed it up and secured it with lots of elastic bands. Despite all the pounding yesterday, it had remained unspilt - I was very proud of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home