susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday 28 July

Woken up at 5 by large shipping noises in the harbour. Peeped out of my hatch to see .... NOTHING! Except noise and FOG (FA-AHG)!!!! Later, it turns out to be a container ship. On Gord's PC he has a screen picture of Sylvester Stallone's superyacht in the harbour. So big stuff comes in here.

I have walked up to Lighthouse Point to the tourist place to get info for L'Anse aux Meadows, a must see while I'm here. There are no organised trips, so I get a taxi number. And the internet. And a cup of coffee in a while, I hope. There is a stuffed polar bear here, but I have to pay to see it. We'll see ...

More later.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Susy. Good to get an update again although you clearly have lost track of what day of the week it is! (Hint: Thank Crunchie its...) So are you back to plan a) and continue the circumnavigation and head back south now or plan b) and overwinter in Newfoundland?
    Cheers,
    Alan

     
  • At 2:20 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know that Richard had a shower in Brixham many moons ago and He did it in his oilies.

    Salli

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home