susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Saturday, October 20, 2007

If I put the title I wanted to put here, it would give the punchline away.

A friend of mine teaches English in a prison. The other day, he was explaining the meaning of the word 'smuggler'.

Up jumps one of his students. "I'm a smuggler!" he declares.

"No!" shouts another. "I'm a smuggler!"

By this time, third and fourth prisoners had joined in: "WE are smugglers!!" - all vying for the all-important title.

A Spartacus moment. No need to wonder why they were incarcerated.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:38 pm , Blogger Raybelles said...

    Were they English? I hope not. And if they were, they certainly should be in prison for not knowing what a smuggler was.

     
  • At 10:24 am , Blogger susyrosy said...

    No - they're not English - foreigners incarcerated here.

    mum xxxxxxx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home