susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What day is it? by an absent-minded retiree

Yesterday I woke up convinced it was Sunday .. I had to check on the laptop ... definitely losing it!

So - today IS the Archers - and therefore IS Sunday. I have my online tax return to fill in, so the Archers is (are?) obviously a deferring tactic.

Looking out on the surrounding building site, it would seem snow has flurried on one side of the house, but not on the other - within a space of 10 feet. Odd. I hate this iron cold - it freezes the breath in my lungs - and yet, when I went to the Antarctic and round some of the southern ocean islands, I actually managed to overheat a few times. I'm now hibernating and getting SAD - thank goodness the sun's out today, at least. I might just go for a walk. Might.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Huh. Balmy -27C with the windchill in St John's today. Nice and sunny though!

    A&L

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home