susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Susy in the sky with diamonds

Stargazing, I run my fingers through them to make them sparkle.

At 0140 on the horizon to starboards, is a tangerine flame - what is that? I peer through the bins - trawler deck light? No - no fishing done here now. So, what? Ah nooo - an orange smoke? But there's nothing on the radio and it's getting brighter. I wake J and run up on deck again. The incandescent glow, rising and growing is a perfect half slice of moon. I have never seen such a wondrous colour to the moon as it takes off from the smooth surface of the sea, a hanging furnace, a beauty, a tangerine segment in a marmalade sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home