susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Sunday, August 06, 2006

FEED ME!!!

Wandering back to the boat at Port au Choix, past a fishing boat with several people on the jetty looking on. There's a guy filleting fish like crazy.

"Cod?" I enquired, to be met by blank looks. I tried again. "Ca-ahd?" Ah, yes, local colour. Yes, indeed it was. I explained lots of people haven't understood me. At which, one chap said mostly it was other people who didnt understand the locals. We all laughed.

I asked if I could buy some ca-ahd. Affronted looks - heavens, how had I offended? But they didnt want money, they wanted to give me some - a whole carrier bag full, and then again of mackerel. They call it a feed - I call it eating till you're stuffed.

We have been eating fish ever since - fried, chowder (inc shrimp) and still to come, mackerel pate!

TTYL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home