susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Monday, May 14, 2007

Child Labour

Nope, not a partly political broadcast - though, there's an idea based on what follows....

Today, Monday, I am in sole charge of my middle daughter Kate's ankle biter, Lily (3). Now, how to amuse her at minimum expense of energy to myself? I know ....

(Later) I've just taken Lily to the church shop, where she stuffed envelopes and stuck sticky address labels on the fronts. Then she swept the floor (humming to herself!). Tomorrow: down the mines, and Wednesday it must be up the chimneys. Thursday a spot of crawling under dangerous weaving machinery... Friday is selling matches in the snow.

Hoorah for exploiting child labour in the UK - time for a revival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home