susys running away to sea

"The rigors (sic) of an expeditionary lifestyle"

Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Day

I'm sure I heard a woodpecker tatting several times today. Spent the day on the swing seat with a girl friend, just tanning, sweating, chatting, guzzling last night's party leftovers. Then my middle daughter and co turned up - and I felt extremely embarrassed at having done NOTHING all day long, when they are busy busy busy moving into their new home...

Oooo, just come back from a small excursion across the car park - a fire engine has just passed my window. Well, rubber necking, of course - but then I want to know what's going on in my less-than-salubrious neck of the woods. The local youths are diverting attention from breaking into the old people's home by setting fire to a pile of wood at the far end of the car park.

I thought I'd smelt woodsmoke ... and on the way back to the house there was the sharp fresh scent of elderflowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home